The Mayor and City Council are pleased to issue officiation proclamations from the City of Vista to honor or recognize a person or an event that reflects special occasions or outstanding accomplishments in the lives of Vista residents. The Mayor and City Council's issuance of a proclamation does not constitute an endorsement.
Before submitting your request, please review these Guidelines.
To Request A City Proclamation
- Please send your desired wording highlighting the special occasion or outstanding accomplishment that you would like the Mayor to recognize. (View a sample proclamation -Individual or sample proclamation - Organization, to get a sense of the language you might use).
- Mail (200 Civic Center Drive, Vista, CA 92084) or e-mail the wording (you can use this fillable form) to Doris Calvo at email@example.com. All proclamations are subject to editing.
- Please note, all proclamations must fit on one page.
What To Expect
- We will use your suggested wording to prepare the proclamation.
- Please allow up to 10 business days for consideration and processing of your proclamation request.
- You will be able to pick up the finished proclamation at the Vista Civic Center.
- If your request does not meet the guidelines or we are unable to provide a proclamation, the City Council's Office can provide a congratulatory letter as an alternative.
The City Council’s Office reserves the right to decline any request for a proclamation, as well as the right to make exceptions to the guideline procedures.
City Council Office